Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Resolution Day - January 2, 2024

My computer says that it's 26 degrees this morning.  It must not be that cold on the back porch, for the little bit of water in my brush-washing cups on the table isn't frozen.  Nevertheless, it's quite cold out here.

I woke up this morning thinking about cabbage and other cool-weather vegetables.  They can probably be planted in the ground in late February.  I should soon put the new cold frame to work, but I'm not sure how to do it.  At present, it is pegged to the ground, facing south, on a big piece of cardboard in the middle of the back yard.  Not an ideal situation for a number of reasons.  I need a plan.

But I probably won't make one today.  

* * * * * * * * 

We had a nice New Year's Day lunch at my sister's house.  My brother and his wife joined us.  My sister tricked us and served white (Great Northern) beans instead of black-eyed peas.  I actually prefer white beans, but for the rest of the year, I''m going to blame any and all of my bad luck on her.  ;)

After lunch, we sat around and pontificated for a while.  It was fun.  

On our way home, we made a detour to a craft store, where I picked up a few painting supplies.  I got a six-pack of stretched canvases for oil painting, some black 100% cotton paper (because someone gave me some metallic gel pins for Christmas), and a new bottle of masking fluid (what's in my 20-year-old bottle is a bit gummy).  Before leaving the store, I zoomed past the fabric section for some zippers for cosmetic bags, and even browsed the fabrics, but didn't buy any.  I showed great restraint, don't you think?

* * * * * * * * 

Aaaannnnd . . . . 

It's diet day.  

We (The Husband and I) resolved to get back on our low carb diets today.  Over the past few days, we've been ridding the house of all the sweets and junk food - by eating them, of course - left over from the holidays.  I sent the last of the candy to work with The Husband this morning.  I can come up with a healthy meal for tonight with what we have in the house, but there's a grocery store run in my very near future (gag).

But not today.

Today, I have these new pens and paper . . . . 



No comments:

Post a Comment