Friday, January 5, 2024

Friday - January 5, 2024

So how is your diet resolution going?  Mine is going OK so far, but tonight is margarita night, so the situation might be different tomorrow morning.  As soon as the waiter plunks that bowl of chips down on the table, I lose all restraint.  The last time I was seriously dieting, I would take my own chips made from baked low-carb flour tortillas.  I would order a glass of water and a shot of tequila, into which I would pour a packet of margarita-flavored powder.  Same effect as a "real" margarita - no sugar, but not quite as tasty.  Oh, the sacrifices we make to look beautiful.  ;)

I spent most of the day yesterday trying to refine some drawings I did over the weekend.  I did the drawings in ink, and they were less than perfect, so I scanned them with the intention of editing the scans with graphics software.  The main problem is that I don't know beans about graphics software and terminology, even though I have fooled with various graphics programs for 30 years or more.  It takes FOREVER to figure out how to do the simplest tasks.  And it takes three separate programs to get a scanned design on the screen, where I can work on it with an electronic pencil before passing it off to the final program.  One of the programs is an open-source program (I can't currently justify the cost of a high-dollar program that would probably do everything I need done), and it will just freakin' LOCK UP, generally when I am almost done with the job.  

But I am having fun.  And learning things.  Maybe it will keep the cobwebs out of my brain.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment