Friday, January 19, 2024

Thursday - January 19, 2024

Yesterday, for the first time since last Friday, I set foot outside this house.  Don't get excited; I only went to the mailbox, and I only did that because I'd been expecting some paints in the mail and did not want to leave them out in freezing temperatures.  But once I was out, I did a walk-about in the yard and encountered this in our driveway:

 

Those are the biggest bird tracks I have ever seen (sunglasses for perspective).  I expect that they were made by a blue heron, which we occasionally see at our pond.  


While I was out, I grabbed the SD card from the critter cam to see if it had captured the intruder, but all that was on the card were a couple of neighborhood cats passing through and The Husband puttering around in the snow.

Yesterday, finally, the temperature got above freezing for a little while.  Then, last night, another cold blast arrived to re-freeze the ice on the roads.  The computer says it's 28 degrees outside now.  I expect that driving conditions are treacherous this morning. 

Yesterday was the Little Rotten Baby's 3rd birthday.  There will be a birthday party for her Saturday, and I have not bought her a gift.  With Christmas just 3 weeks ago, there's not much she needs or wants.  My plan was to go out shopping for something, but the road conditions prevented it.  I should have ordered something for her earlier in the week, but, frankly, the time got away from me and I did not realize how close we were to her birthday.  Can you say, "Bad Grandmama?"  I will have to make it up to her.  I just hope the roads will be clear enough by Saturday for us to make it to her party.



No comments:

Post a Comment