Saturday, January 13, 2024

Settings - January 13, 2024

Yesterday, I finally got the fiddle-playing squirrel right.  Well, almost right.  

I started over instead of trying to fix past mistakes.  His hands are finally positioned correctly, and his face now looks like a squirrel instead of a bobcat.

(Bobcats.  There's one in the neighborhood.  I haven't seen it, but I heard it squall down by the pond early one morning.  Presumably, there are others nearby.  Now I'll have to draw one.)

Anyway . . . . 

The animal band must have a meeting spot where they jam.  My next challenge is to draw it.

Obviously, it needs to be under a nut tree.

I sketched a background earlier this week and painted it with watercolors.  After I painted the trees, I realized that the colors I'd used for the trees in the distance were summer colors, whereas the nut tree leaves were autumn colors.  AND the perspective was all wrong.  The scenery I want should be a cozy setting; the one I've painted is an expansive view.  Since I've already screwed it up, I decided to play with it.  It is laying on a table in the studio, and every time I walk by it, I pick up a paintbrush and flick in some grasses in the foreground.  It's working to tighten up the view and cozy up the feel of the place.  



No comments:

Post a Comment