Monday, January 8, 2024

Sometimes, a body just needs to sit down and give itself a good talking-to.

Like today.

I've been working like a mad woman on a series of drawings of the critters that inhabit my world with the idea of turning them into a commercial venture, such as greeting cards, t-shirts, or books.  The problem has been a lack of skills in some areas.  

Okay, MOST areas . . . . 

Last week, I called a friend who has been "down in her back" (as they say in these parts).  During the course of the conversation, she diagnosed me with ADHD, or some such, for jumping to one thing before I finish another.  She refused to accept my defense: sometimes, you have to put a thing aside and learn a new skill (or refine an old one) to finish it.  At the end of the conversation, I wrapped it up by saying I needed to go work on a project but couldn't decide which one.  She said, "There's a name for that." 

I said, "No, there's not.  Fuck you."  

We both laughed and hung up.

This morning, I caught myself jumping back and forth between computers and paintbrushes.  Frustration set in when I realized that nothing was getting done in either place.  

My friend might just be right. 

Oh, well.

I think I'll go paint.



No comments:

Post a Comment