Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Morning Jolt - January 30, 2024

Man...there's nothing like a good scare to get one moving in the morning, eh?

Our clock/radio goes off at 6 a.m. every day, except weekends.  It's on the table by The Husband's side of the bed, and he has full responsibility for setting or not setting the alarm and the station.   I seldom hear it, for by that time, I've already been up an hour or two.  

Yesterday, The Husband left for an overnight business trip.  Although I went to bed early last night, I was, astonishingly, still asleep at 6 this morning when that blasted alarm went off.  It scared me half to death.  

So, I'm up.  

And, as of about 10 minutes ago, the results of my laptop battery experiment are in:  removing the battery from the laptop did not fix the problem.  The battery was fully charged when I turned on the laptop this morning.  Less than an hour and a half later, the computer went into battery saver mode - same old thing.  I just ordered a new one.  My pocketbook squealed when it heard the cost!  Thank goodness I can install it, myself, though I may have to bite the bullet and take this laptop to the repair shop to have the stinkin' "page down" key put back where it belongs.  

Today is painting class day.  The teacher is still recovering from covid and won't be there, but her sidekick is opening the studio, as she did last week.  I can't decide if I want to go.  It's cold outside.

* * * * * * * * 

The "lazy angel" won the argument.  I did not go to painting class, but I did paint, and finally, FINALLY managed to get the perspective right on a watercolor landscape.  It was just a practice painting, though, so I've got to do it again.

And again, probably.


No comments:

Post a Comment