Friday, March 8, 2024

Concert - March 8, 2024

Yesterday was a right productive day, work-wise, until just after 1:00.  That's when Son #2 texted me to ask if I would pick up Granddaughter #3 when school let out at 2:45.  (Both he and my daughter-in-law were battling a stomach virus, and neither of them believed they could make the trip without soiling the car seats.)  I was happy to do it.  

#3 likes to get out of there ASAP.  To accomplish this, her driver must take a place in the traffic line early.  At 2:15, I packed up my Kindle (I'm reading "Perceval") and headed to school, which is 10 minutes away.  By the time I got there, cars were lined up, 3 rows deep, halfway to the street.  At 2:45, the kids started filing out.  I did not have an official hang tag with #3's name on it, but I dug a greeting card out of my purse, wrote her name on the back, and propped it on the dashboard.  We were out of there by 3, and I took her home.

The Little Rotten Baby was standing at the door when we got there, watching for us. She, too, had the stomach virus and had been throwing up all night.  Bless her heart, she was as pale as a sheet, and her curly hair was wild, and her sweet face was all puffy.  I just waved at her little toxic self from the doorstep, blew her a kiss, and went back home.

Granddaughter #2 had a band concert at 6:30.  I half expected that I would need to get her from home to school.  Her daddy managed to get her there, but could not stay for the concert, so we took her home when the concert was over.

She wore the dress we bought last weekend.  The neckline looked a little lower than I remembered when she modeled the dress for me at the store; it wasn't obscene, but I could see a little bit of cleavage when she filed in with the rest of the band.  I thought, "Umm-hmmmm...." 

I was once a teenage girl, myself.  ;)

The concert was good.  #2's 8th grade band played with the high school concert band.  There was also a woodwind ensemble and two jazz bands.  The music program at this school is awesome.  

Today I am going to the courthouse to size up the records situation for the archives.  It will be good to see my old courthouse buddies. 


No comments:

Post a Comment