Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Tuesday - March 12, 2024

It's painting class day.  Shall I go, or not?  This is the question.  Last week, expecting that I would be in the office every day for a while, I told the ladies that I would not be able to come to class this month, so they'll not be wondering.  I may shoot hooky today.  Or not. 

Yesterday, I had to go to town to buy tags for Granddaughter #1's car.  We bought the car for her, and it is registered to our address, so the renewal notice comes here.  It renews in December.  Last year, we either did not get a renewal notice, or it got lost in the mail (it's just a postcard), and we did not renew her tags.  When she was on her way home for spring break, she got a ticket for expired tags.  This is my fault.  I should have remembered the renewal was due in December, even if we didn't get a notice.  She could probably get the ticket dismissed if she could go to court, but she will have gone back to school by the court date.  If it had happened in this county, I could probably sweet talk someone into dismissing it, but it happened elsewhere.  So I bought the tags and paid the ticket.  TWO HUNDRED TWENTY-NINE DOLLARS for the ticket.  Good grief! 

After I dropped off the tags, I went to the big chain grocery store to look for "something different."  I buy the same stuff, week after week, at the locally-owned store where I usually shop.  The Husband and I are both sick of everything.

("What do you want for supper?"

"I don't know.  What do you want?"

"I don't know."

Since I'm the one that usually does the cooking, I'm apt to suggest something like a fried bologna sandwich. ;)

But bologna sandwiches are generally off our diets.  And we're back to square one.)

The big chain store did not have anything exciting - nothing we should eat, anyway.  I ended up with the same stuff I usually get.  

It's meatloaf tonight, and meatloaf sandwiches tomorrow night.  Oh.  Boy.  

Tomorrow is office day.  It won't be so bad since I will be leaving mid-morning to visit an archive in an adjacent county.  Kind of excited about that.

Meanwhile, I have about 10 minutes to decide about painting class.  My materials are stacked up and ready to go.  Shall I go?

Tune in tomorrow to find out.  :)







No comments:

Post a Comment