Sunday, March 3, 2024

Evening Edition - March 3, 2024

I shouldn't write this tonight, for, being so late in the day, I won't have anything to write about in the morning.  

Nevertheless, it's warm tonight - 68 degrees - and I'm on the back porch enjoying the chirps and croaks and hoots.  

It's been a good weekend.

Granddaughter #2 needed to be taken shopping for a black dress to wear to her band concert next week. I expected that Granddaughter #3 would go with us.   Saturday morning before I went to get them, I discovered that #3 had a stomach virus - AGAIN.  Poor child, this is the second round in three weeks.  I was daresome to go in the house!  And daresome to let #2 in my car, as she was likely incubating.

#2 and I shopped every store in our little town and came up with an acceptable dress (and some jeans, and a shirt, and . . .).  We picked up some things for the two sisters at home, too.

While I was shopping with #2, The Husband took The Grandson shopping in the big city. The Grandson is supposed to give a speech at a competition next month and needed a suit.  They came home with a suit, shirt & tie, and dress shoes.  The pants had to be hemmed.  The store had marked the hemline for me, and like an idiot, I cut the legs off AT the hemline, not leaving any fabric to turn under for the hem.  I had no choice but to put a narrow hem on the pants.  They turned out OK.  He put on the suit with his shoes, and it was fine. The Husband showed him how to tie a necktie, and he was good to go.  He spent the night here last night and had breakfast and lunch with us.

He is in love with the old truck The Husband bought.  He does not have his license, not even his permit, so he can't have the truck, yet.  But he got to road test it (with The Husband in the passenger seat), and he hunted through our cassette and CD collection (the truck has both kinds of players) for some old school music to play in it.  ;)  And The Husband let him drive when it was time to take him home.

I am missing Granddaughter #1 tonight, the only grandchild I didn't see this weekend.  She'll be home for spring break soon.  



    

No comments:

Post a Comment