Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Cat Saga - Part 3.5 - May 26, 2020


Well, the cat is in the cage.  Finally.

It was a week ago today that I had a vet appointment to have the cat spayed and vaccinated.  That day, after an unsuccessful attempt at catching the cat, I called the animal shelter and asked them for help (for the third time).  They are short-staffed because of the corona virus and have not been eager to help, other than to suggest that I lure the cat in the trap with tuna instead of cat food. 

Before trapping the cat this morning, I called the animal shelter to make sure they were open.  The person on the phone said that the supervisor was not there but MUST be there for "intake."  She gave me the supervisor's phone number.  I called it.  The supervisor remembered my prior calls and said to go ahead and catch the cat and call her when it was done.

We caught that cat in nothing flat.  Put the food w-a-y back in the trap, and when the cat when in after it (we have been conditioning her for a week), The Husband shoved her booty in, and I let go of the door.  Mission accomplished.

I called the supervisor back.  She was surprised that we'd caught the cat so soon.  She said, "I've got some appointments this morning, and I'm not going to be at the shelter until noon or later."

She could've told me this before we trapped the cat, eh?  She's supposed to call me when she gets to the shelter.

So, anyway, we've got this hugely-pregnant black cat in a cage in the shade, awaiting a call from the animal shelter supervisor. 

Something tells me this isn't the end of the story.  :-\


No comments:

Post a Comment