Saturday, May 9, 2020

It's almost official.... May 9, 2020


I am about to go nuts from boredom.  Since I can't do anything else, I think I'll just sit here and complain.

With all of the craft stuff in this house, this should not happen. The problem is that all the projects I want to do have missing components, and I don't want to start them, for I already know how that works; I don't need any more UFOs (unfinished objects) hanging around this house.

It won't quit raining, so I can't work in the garden.

And it's cold.

Nanny called about noon yesterday and said I'd better come cover up the tomatoes because there was supposed to be frost this morning.  I had not heard that news and found it quite hard to believe.  I told her that The Husband and I would watch the evening news and come cover them with plastic if the weatherman doesn't revise his prediction.  By the time The Husband got home, I'd stirred up a blender of margaritas and some guacamole dip, and we enjoyed them while we waited for the weather forecast.  The weatherman said probably high 30s.  The Husband said it was supposed to be windy, so probably it wouldn't frost.  We decided to chance it, and finished our margaritas.  I bet Nanny was having a fit by nightfall, thinking we should have had our butts down there, covering up the plants, before dark.  And we probably should have, that's true.

I'm kind of in limbo about the garden.  The Husband has been thinking about buying a small tractor and some farm implements to go with it, like a tiller and a bush hog.  I would love that, but if he's going to do it, I'd rather he'd go on and DO IT before the garden gets dry enough to work, so that WHEN it gets dry enough to work, we could do it with the tractor tiller instead of the garden tiller. 

I think I shall go have that discussion with him right now.

See ya.









No comments:

Post a Comment