Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Finis - May 26, 2020


Can I get a Hallelujah?  Can I get an A-men?

We are no longer have a cat.

If you've read my previous post, you'll know that we finally succeeded in trapping the cat this morning.  I believe I left off the story where we were waiting on the animal control supervisor to call me back.  She'd said that she was REQUIRED to be at the shelter when the cat arrived, but she had appointments until after lunch.  She said she'd call me when she got back to the office.

I'd scheduled my grocery order for pickup between 1 and 2 p.m., and my hope was that the supervisor would call me at just the right time for me to deliver the cat and pick up the groceries in the same trip.  No such luck.  Noon came and went.  At 1:30, I called the animal shelter to see if the supervisor was back.  Nope.  I went on to town to pick up the groceries.  Came home, put away the food, stuck a ham in the oven.

Meanwhile, the cat has been in the cage since about 8:30 a.m.  I know she must've needed to go potty (what pregnant female doesn't?), but there was no way I was letting her out for a bathroom break.  Then it began to rain.  I laid a rug over the cage.  Best I could do.

At 3:30, I called the animal shelter.  The lady on duty has been very nice to me throughout this whole endeavor.  She said she had still not seen the supervisor, but would call her and call me back.  A few minutes later, she called back and said that she'd gotten no answer, but that I should go ahead and bring the cat.

So I did.

And I'd no sooner gotten home and taken my seat on the porch when I heard ANOTHER cat - a big yellow tomcat - stalking around my back yard and meowing at the top of its lungs. 

He is not getting a bite to eat in my yard.  Ever.



No comments:

Post a Comment