Tuesday, July 14, 2020

A Not-So-Fabulous Day - July 14, 2020


Yesterday was a sucky day, if you want to know the truth.

It started at midnight, when I got out of bed to take an Advil to ease my aching muscles.  I took my Kindle to the spare bedroom and read until the medicine kicked in.  Woke up at 6 a.m., tired, with my glasses drilling into the side of my head.

We had court yesterday.  The clerk's office had been closed for 2 weeks because one of the employees came down with the coronavirus.  Everyone was tested last week, and two of the workers had not gotten their test results back as of yesterday, so the office was short-handed - there was only the Clerk and one Deputy Clerk.  Instead of going to the courtroom, I stayed in the office to help the Deputy Clerk answer the phone, make copies, etc.  It was a madhouse.  New rules:  everybody in the courthouse had to wear a mask all day.  The phone rang non-stop.  The docket was full, and there was a constant line at the counter.  We finally finished about 4 p.m. 

I rushed home to test an embroidery design I digitized over the weekend.  It needed more work, and I ended up fooling around with it until bedtime.  (The 2.0 version is running as we speak.)

Supper?  I didn't even want to think about it.  We ended up eating breakfast for supper. 



No comments:

Post a Comment