Thursday, July 2, 2020

Quarantine day - July 2, 2020


I had big plans for today.

First, I was going to the courthouse to drop off some things for a co-worker.  Then I was going to make a quick run to the post office and to my office to open mail and return phone calls.  After that, I was going to the quilt store to rent a quilting machine and finish the quilt I started for my nephew two years ago.

Scratch all of that.

Yesterday, one of The Husband's co-workers received a call informing her that someone with whom she'd been in contact over the weekend has tested positive for COVID-19. 

Shit.

The co-worker immediately left the office and went to be tested.  It'll be a couple of days before we know the results.  Meanwhile, we are running under a caution flag.  Our son and his family have been visiting, and we were going to have dinner together last night, but we cancelled it.  They will have gone home by the time we know the test results. 

The Husband has, wisely, been working half of his crew from home on two-week rotations.  One of the at-home crew stopped by the office to pick up some supplies earlier in the week, and yesterday she discovered that her daughter, who lives with her, has tested positive for COVID-19. 

It's EVERYWHERE.

Wear your masks, folks.  Wash your hands.  Keep your distance from others.









No comments:

Post a Comment