Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Canning tomatoes, part deux - July 29, 2020


I canned 9 pints of tomatoes after work today.  Instead of chopping the tomatoes into soup-sized chunks like I usually do, I whizzed these in the Ninja - three short pulses.  They are just the right size for salsa. 


About the time the canner finished, a rain shower popped up.  I'd planned to go to the garden and tackle the green bean rows, but when I saw that it was raining, I kicked off my shoes and stretched out on the couch with a book about Loretta Lynn's friendship with Patsy Cline.  I finished it tonight, and enjoyed it.  It was a welcome break from all the history and biographies I been reading.  During the day, my sister texted me another book recommendation - Until The End Of Time by Brian Greene.  She called it "good but challenging . . . he thinks about everything through the lens of math . . . ."  It may take me a while to get through it.  I'm convinced there is a "useless information sponge" in my brain where math should reside.



No comments:

Post a Comment