Monday, September 6, 2021

Dog-Pecker Gnats - Sept. 6, 2021

 OMG

I can hardly write this for laughing.

Cousin Roger rode over on his lawnmower a few minutes ago.  I was on the back porch, working on an embroidery design.  I said, "Hey, Rogerrrrrrrrr.  What's up?"  He came in, and sat down, and The Husband came out, and we started shooting the breeze.  He told us about some flea markets he'd visited, and about his new scroll saw he got on sale, and now anxious he is to put it to use.  During a lull in the conversation, I asked him if they were having a problem with gnats across the road at his house.

He said, "Aw, yeah.  We been fightin' 'em for a week.  'at's 'em ol' dawg pecker gnats."

I fell over on the table, laughing.  

He said, "You know what I'm talking about, them little bitty thangs that swarm around a dog's pecker."

I said, "YES, ROGER, I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT."  

Good god.

You might need to have grown up in the country, with dogs laying by the porch, to get that visual

Anyway, we talked about how to get rid of them.  He already knew the vinegar trick.

Then he steered the conversation back to his new scroll saw.  He said he wanted to use it, but couldn't think of any project to do.  

All this time, I was trying to work on my embroidery design and was royally f'ing it up for listening to Roger.

So I said, "Roger, I'll give you something to do."  I grabbed my sketch pad and drew what I want him to build.  I said, "You build it, and bring it to me to paint.  We'll set it by the road and see if it will sell, and if it doesn't, I'll buy it."

He said we had a deal, and took out of here like lightning.  In 30 minutes, he was back with a pattern.  Meanwhile, The Husband said there were lumber scraps in the shed that Roger could have.  Roger went back home to put his trailer on his lawnmower, and came back with it and raided the shed. 

I guess we'll be buying back our own lumber if my idea doesn't sell.  




No comments:

Post a Comment