Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Equinox - September 22, 2021

 Brrrrr!  Who turned off the heat?  It's a mite cold on the back porch this morning, barely 50 degrees, according to the local weatherperson.  It makes me dread the coming of winter.

We've had a lot of rain this week, or so it seems.  Nothing major, just short, scattered showers, but enough to interrupt my plans.  We really, really wanted to get the porch water-sealed before winter, and before the boards get grimy again, but the wall boards and the floor around the edges have stayed too wet since the cleaning two weeks ago.  

While waiting for the wood to dry, I've been helping Cousin Roger with his projects.  Monday afternoon, when I was in the sewing room whipping out my new house shoes, Roger left a wooden candle-holder/lantern on the back porch.  He called later to tell me it was here.  Though I wasn't too crazy about his paint job, the lantern, itself, was cool.  It would be perfect for a flower arrangement.  So yesterday when I went to work, I took the lantern with me and showed it to a local florist.  She immediately ordered 9 lanterns.  I was stoked!  When I got home, I went over to Roger's and told him about the order.  He said, "Damn, I gotta go to Home Depot."  

In between Roger's projects, I've done a few painting projects of my own.  I'll show you later.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment