Friday, September 17, 2021

Paintin' Pumpkins - September 17, 2021

For the past few days, I've been painting wooden things in my every spare moment.  I'm using latex enamel paints because I think they're more durable, but it's glossy paint, and it's hard to work with.  Plus, I only have primary colors, so I'm having to do some mixing, and that's extra-messy work.  PLUS, it's been raining, and the paint doesn't want to dry.

This week, I painted two more of the original large scarecrow/snowman reversible signs.  This afternoon, there was one more big, blank circle left to paint.  I thought I'd puke if I had to paint another scarecrow/snowman.  Time for something different.  I spray-painted the circle orange on both sides, and then finger-painted a pumpkin on it with the yellow and brown latex enamel.



It's not finished yet.  I'm going to work on the shading a little more, and add a leaf and some curli-ques.  But I like where it's going.  Putting down the brush and doing the shading with my fingers was kind of liberating!

No comments:

Post a Comment