Wednesday, September 15, 2021

I should be doing something productive instead of writing this.  But I'm kind of stuck at the moment, waiting on paint to dry, and it's been raining, so it's going to take a while.

Cousin Roger's projects are working my ass to death.  He comes over here while I'm at work leaves wooden cut-outs for me to paint.  Last weekend, I couldn't fool with it, because The Husband and I were scrubbing and painting the porch.  When Roger came over here with even more stuff to paint, I sent him  home with a handful of stencils/patterns so he could do some of the "artistic" painting.  Turns out, that's not quite his thing; he'd rather run a scroll saw.  I get it.

If I weren't such a clutz with paint, it wouldn't be so bad.  We are making double-sided "signs."  I paint one side, let it dry, flip it over, do the other side.  And, invariably, I get paint on my fingers, and I screw up Side 1 while painting Side 2.

To make matters worse, I don't really know what I'm doing when it comes to paint.  I bought high-gloss paint, and it does weird stuff in the wood grain, so I have to do several coats.  And when I do that, I screw up Side 1 AND Side 2. 

So maybe it's me who's working my butt off, and not Roger.  :-/


No comments:

Post a Comment