Wednesday, December 20, 2023

A hectic Tuesday - December 20, 2023

Whew.  Yesterday was hectic.

The Tuesday painting class party started at 10.  Everyone was bringing food and a gift.  I had a few errands to run before the party but showed up on time with my puff pastry sausage bites and 8 cosmetic bags.  We didn't paint a lick, but the party was fun.

After the party, I went to the grocery store.  I'll probably have to make another run before Christmas Eve since I still haven't decided what to make for dinner.  We usually make some "nibbles" and a big pot of something warm and comforting, like soup or chili or chicken & dumplings.  

As soon as I put the groceries away, I started wrapping presents.  The Granddaughters had asked for little stuff, like cosmetics and art supplies.  I cheated and dumped all of the little things together in one box.  After three hours of wrapping, there are still presents to wrap.

Late in the afternoon, the Boss's secretary called to say the office Christmas dinner had been moved from Thursday to Friday.  (There'd been no mention (to me) of a Thursday dinner; the last I'd heard, the dinner would be today (Wednesday), since this is my normal "office day.")  She said I could just make Friday my office day.  I said that was fine with me.  Now that I think about it, though, I'd rather have gone to the office today and just showed up for lunch on Friday, as I had other plans for Friday, so close to Christmas.

Granddaughter #2's homecoming event was at 5:30. She didn't win.  :(  But she looked absolutely beautiful.  

Granddaughter #2 had texted me Monday afternoon to ask if I would buy a certain present for Granddaughter #3.  "She really wants it," #2 said.  #3's desired object was a stuffed animal buttcrack purse that would have to be ordered online.  I said that I would order it, but that it might not get here by Christmas.  She replied, "That's ok.  It was just for extra credit, anyway."

Because #2 is a straight-A student who doesn't need extra credit, I assumed she meant extra credit with Granddaughter #3.

According to an email I received yesterday, the buttcrack purse will be here Friday.  After the homecoming event, I told Granddaughter #2 that the gift would make it on time for Christmas, at which time she said, "Oh, it didn't matter if it got here on time.  I got the extra credit when you said you would do it."  It turned out that one of her teachers had offered extra credit points to everyone who could convince someone to buy a last-minute present for the students to give to someone else.  They snookered me!

I hope #3 likes the purse.  ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment