Sunday, December 31, 2023

New Year's Eve - December 31, 2023

My phone rang at 8 o'clock this morning.  I was still in bed, but The Husband was up, and he answered it.  It was my brother, calling to see if I was bringing a dessert to tomorrow's "siblings lunch."  Earlier this week, when my sister and I discussed the menu, neither of us cared about having a dessert.  I said I might make one.  Or not.  

At the grocery store Friday, I bought a box of frozen puff pastry, thinking I might come up with something sweet for our luncheon.  There's a jar of apricot preserves in my pantry, and I thought I might just smear it on the pastry dough, roll it up, slice it, and bake it.  Ta-daaaa: dessert.

But I bought only 1 box of puff pastry, and the folks on the hill are coming to my house for supper tonight.  I might feed it to them, instead.  

When I called my brother back, he said he was on his way to the store and could pick up something.  I said it was probably a good idea to do that, if he wants any dessert tomorrow.  ;)

* * * * * * * * 

Yesterday, I suggested to The Husband that we take my car to the shop and get them to fix whatever is causing my battery cable to corrode so often.  Friday's "no juice" incident (can't call it a dead battery, because the battery is fine) was the fourth time since this summer.  Fortunately, I've was able to get quick assistance each time, but only because I was close to home, where people know me and will come right away.  It would be a different situation in the big city, and I do go there, occasionally.  

The Husband considered the suggestion, but believed he could fix the problem, himself.  All we needed was a battery-cable connector.  He went to the auto parts store and got one, but it was the kind that is hard to put on, so he went to another store for a different kind.  I tried to stay out of his way while he was working.  He must have had some success, for I heard the car crank after a while.  When I take the car out again, I won't go far.  ;)

* * * * * * * * 

While The Husband was working on the car, I did some drawings. 

You see, a Daughter-in-Law and I have been batting around the idea of renting a vendor booth next year at the local bluegrass festival.  She likes to make t-shirts.  I like to make other things, but I've had a blue-grass-related t-shirt design in mind and would like to do the artwork, myself.  If I can produce a good design, I might try to either get the "official festival t-shirt" work or peddle the design.  If that doesn't work, we might make a few "unofficial" t-shirts.  My idea is not original - forest animals playing stringed instruments - but it's my original artwork and I can put it on anything I want - mugs, tumblers, aprons . . . . 



No comments:

Post a Comment