Friday, December 15, 2023

Road Trip - December 15, 2023

The Husband had a meeting to attend in Asheville, NC this week.  It's an annual event. held at a nice hotel/inn.  I went along for the ride.

Shunning the most direct route on the interstate, we opted for state highways and ended up driving through 5 states to get there.  ;)

The meeting was over at noon Wednesday, at which time we hit the road to home, but not the same way we came.  Granddaughter #1, away at college but coming home for Christmas break, was planning to drive home on Thursday.  We chose a route that went right through her college town so that we could follow her home.  When I talked to her about the plan, she said she would be leaving for home at 5 a.m.  The Husband made a face when I told him the time.  We opted to drive on to another town and wait for her there to keep from having to get up at the crack of dawn.  We met up with her a little after 7.  I opted to ride with her since we rarely get any time together.  The Husband ran interference just ahead of us.  So as not to horn in on her homecoming with her family, we followed her almost all the way to her door and waved as we went by.  

I am glad to be home.  

My "must-do" list for next week is very long.  I have not wrapped a single present, and still have some shopping to do.  My "want-to" do list is even longer.

Pray for me.  ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment