Saturday, March 20, 2021

Equipped! - March 20, 2021

 

I spoke a little too soon about having no side effects from the covid vaccination.  Got the shot Wednesday night, felt fine most of the day Thursday, but Thursday evening, my tailfeathers began to droop.  I felt a little headache-y, a little tired, and a little nauseous.  The Husband was feeling the same way.  Before bed, I popped two Tylenol and slept for 10 hours straight.  Yesterday for about half of the day I had a sharp, come-and-go headache, but it went away mid-afternoon and I felt fine.

Cousin Roger showed up after lunch with some sandpaper replacements.  He will probably be borrowing them back again when he uses up the ones he bought for himself.


The Husband went to pick up the new tiller yesterday afternoon.  I'm anxious to see it in action.  

Speaking of tillers, the small engine repair guy called Thursday afternoon and said that the little red tiller could not be fixed.  He said that the plastic fuel lines were the root of the problem, that "plastic and gas don't mix."  Evidently (according to him), the gas dissolves the plastic, and the residue gets in the engine and gums up the works.  I found this a little puzzling.  The tiller is practically new; I bet it hasn't been used a total of 30 minutes.  I watched some YouTube videos on the subject, and I'm convinced that the tiller can be fixed with new fuel lines (and maybe a new fuel filter).  I am going to order some parts to see if I can fix the thing, myself.  



No comments:

Post a Comment