Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Stormy Day - March 17, 2021

 

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you.  

I got out of bed at 6 a.m. and went straight to the sewing room to work on the super-hero quilt.  One final burst of energy last night enabled me to measure and cut the border fabric before I went to bed.  This morning I sewed them on, and the top was ready for quilting.  I dropped it off at the quilt store on my way to work.

It was raining pretty hard when I got to the office.  The Boss was already there.  She said, "It's supposed to storm, and we're not staying here today."  We shot the bull for a few minutes and headed home.  Thank goodness for the new windshield wiper blades we installed yesterday, for the rain was coming down in buckets when I left the office.  

And now I'm home, and without a project in progress I'm a little stir-crazy.  

I have at least one more granddaughter quilt to make, for the Nugget, age 6.  (I gave the newest granddaughter a baby quilt a couple of weeks ago, so if I get struck by lightning, or something, before I get around to making her a big girl quilt, she technically already has a "grandmother quilt.")  

Several years ago, Santa Claus (or maybe the Birthday Fairy) brought me a little hand-crank machine that cuts out fabric shapes.  Along with the machine, he/she/it brought me several dies - squares, circles, hexagons, and hearts.  One day when the Nugget was about 4, I got out the machine and let her cut shapes from fabric in the scrap box.  Now and then, she still wants to get out the machine and cut shapes.  After she leaves, I gather up her shapes and save them in a bag.  When I get around to making her quilt, I'm going to use those shapes in it, somehow.

Not day, though.

Today, I think I'll play with the heat-press machine.

Tonight, I get vaccinated.  


No comments:

Post a Comment