Friday, March 12, 2021

From the back porch - Wish List - March 12, 2021

 

In 18 months, I'm going to be out of a job.  The Boss is retiring in August 2022, and whoever the new person is will bring his/her own assistant.  Not so long ago, August 2021 seemed far, far away.  That's NEXT YEAR.  Geez!  Time has a way of sneaking past you, doesn't it? 

In any case, I need to be making a plan for what I'm going to be doing in September 2022.  I will be two years away from getting full retirement benefits.  I could probably pimp out my writing and research skills to some lawyers, but that won't help the retirement pay.  Besides that, The Boss has spoiled me something fierce, and it'll be hard to work for just anyone.  Maybe some other government office will hire me - I'm sure gonna try - but I can't count on that.   

What I would really like is this:  a two-room workshop in the back yard - one room for messy stuff and one for clean stuff.  Ideally, it would have heat, air-conditioning, and plumbing.   And a front porch big enough for a swing and a chair.  With cute flower boxes.  And a stepping-stone path to get there.

On the messy side, there would be saws and drills and such, a tall work table, and lots of shelves.  There'd also be a sit-down table for painting.  And a sink and a toilet.

I'm not sure what to do with the clean side.  If I had a better, less frustrating quilting machine, I'd set it up in there.  That would probably take up half of the room.  But maybe that would be okay.  


No comments:

Post a Comment