Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Vaccination Day - March 10, 2021

 

In about 2 hours, I'm going to get my covid shot.  Do you want to hear a secret?  I am terrified of shots.  Other than finger-sticks during yearly physicals, I haven't had a shot of any description in about 50 years.  Sinus cocktail shot?  No, thank-you; I'll just take the pills.  If the covid vaccine came in tablet form, I'd be all over it, but it doesn't, so I've got to be brave and get 'er done today.

* * * * * * * 

I'm making good progress on The Granddaughter's quilt.  As we speak, super-hero #6 is coming to life in the embroidery machine.  I stopped by the sewing store this morning for more thread and some fabric to fill in the gaps between the super-hero blocks.  I've been racking my brain about what to do to the fill-in blocks.  The fabric store had patriotic prints, and I was tempted to get them, but that's too easy, and too . . . not personal.  The computer mock-up version that I showed The Granddaughter had large blue squares with a big white star in the center and plain red rectangles.  When I commented that I might do something different in the blue squares, The Granddaughter said "I kind of like the stars," so they're staying.  I played with the mock-up red rectangles a little bit today and decided to make them red-and-white stripes, kind of like the American flag stripes, instead of solid red.

The blue/green/black striped fabric that she chose two years ago isn't going in this quilt.  It just doesn't work.  And, anyway, I think she chose that fabric with a good bit of advice from her older sister; I'm not convinced she ever had her heart set on it in the first place.  So it's out.

Hah...if I hadn't already made a quilt for Granddaughter #1, I'd use that fabric on her.  ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment