Thursday, March 18, 2021

Vaccinated - March 18, 2021

 

Well, I got my covid shot last night.  Did not cry.  Got my chocolate milkshake (small, from Sonic, with whipped cream).  Haven't felt badly today.  

Yesterday's storm was followed by a nasty cold wind.  I brought in the plants and the seed-starting trays that I'd taken outside two days ago.  I hope this cold snap doesn't last long.  

Yesterday I decided to try out my sublimation printing stuff.  The sublimation ink was already in the printer.  All I needed to do was introduce the printer to the computer.  

This took over three hours.  The printer found the wi-fi, but the computer couldn't find the printer.  When I first set up this computer, I chose the highest security for every feature I could find - camera, microphone, etc.  Most likely, I've told this computer that it cannot communicate with anything, except it does know about the other wireless printer in the sewing room.  Maybe those two printers are having a silent argument about who gets the job.  I don't know.  I temporarily got around the problem by hooking up the printer and the computer with a USB cable.

The little project I wanted to do was a t-shirt for Granddaughter #1.  I had a light gray polyester baseball shirt in her size.  She is in the high school band, so I used the band logo, plus her name (craftily combined  with the band logo), plus a flute.  The whole thing came out a little too faint, and the flute, being silver, all but disappears against the light gray shirt.  I need to figure out why the transfer was too faint - was it the print setting, the ink quality, the paper quality, or the wrong time/temperature of the heat press.  Can you tell I don't know what I'm doing?  

But The Granddaughter liked the shirt, despite its failings.  It is soft and comfy.



No comments:

Post a Comment