Sunday, March 21, 2021

Hyacinth Bean Vine Sprouts - March 21, 2021

 

Looky here; the hyacinth bean vine seeds are sprouting.


This just happened TODAY.  There were no sprouted seeds in that tray yesterday afternoon.  The one in the lower left corner is even trying to crank out its first real leaves.  

I planted the seeds 10 days ago, after soaking them for 24 hours.  Covered the "tray" with press-n-seal to preserve moisture, and I think that I have not watered them since the planting.  They've been on the back porch the whole time.  I should probably move them to the front porch, where they'll get more light.  Daytime temperatures have been in the 60ish range, mid thirties at night.  

My friend who gave me the seeds said that I could've probably poked them right in the ground.  As wet as my ground is right now, that's probably true. 

I planted about 20 seeds in that box.  Who wants some plants (if I don't kill them)?


No comments:

Post a Comment