Thursday, March 11, 2021

 

Well, I have another week to dread getting the covid shot.

It didn't happen yesterday.

After a good bit of research and frustration, I had booked a 2:30 appointment to get the J&J shot at the local Kroger store.  When I arrived for my appointment, I learned that the J&J vaccine is given ONLY at the Little Clinic, and ONLY between 6:30 and 7:30 p.m.  They would not give me the J&J shot at 2:30 p.m.  And, no, I couldn't just go back at 6:30 last night; all of those appointments were filled.

I was so irked.  Nowhere on the Kroger web site was I asked which vaccine I wanted, nor was I informed that the J&J vaccine is only given between 6:30 and 7:30 p.m.  I had simply grabbed the first available appointment.  Yes, when I booked the early afternoon appointment, I saw that the web site wanted me to choose a date/time for a second dose.  I went ahead and chose a date/time for the second dose, assuming that I'd be asked which shot I wanted when I arrived for the first appointment.  But that's not how it works. 

The staff at the Little Clinic gave me a toll-free number to call to book another appointment.  After listening to umpteen million recordings, another recording said all of the associates were assisting other customers, please wait for the next available associate.  I waited for a while, then gave up on the telephone attempt.  I got in my car and used my phone to go back to the Kroger web site, answered all those questions again, and finally got to the place where you choose an appointment time.  When I chose 6:30, the system said, "1 shot dose" and didn't ask for a second appointment time.  The first available appointment was a week away.  I booked appointments for The Husband and myself.

And then I sat in my car and growled in frustration.  

The really sad part was that I didn't get my milkshake.

You see, I had decided to reward myself with a chocolate shake after getting the shot, if I was a good girl and didn't cry or pass out.  I haven't had a milkshake in . . . well, I can't remember the last time I had one.  

I grumbled and groused (and maybe cussed a little) all the way home, having gotten neither the shot NOR the chocolate shake.

So I came home and made a pineapple cake with cream cheese frosting.  It satisfied the sweet craving that my plan had stirred up, but it didn't make me any less pissed-off.


  





No comments:

Post a Comment