Tuesday, July 13, 2021

A little Monday evening excitement ;) - July 13, 2021

 I bought a black-light flashlight today.  Knowing that it was still too light to use it, I had it in my pocket when I went down to the garden about 7 p.m. to put down a cardboard box.  

The Nephew was out in the yard when I got there.  He was standing on the hillside, looking across the soybean field.  When I got out of the car, he said, "I wouldn't go to the garden this evening if I was you."

I asked, "Why not?"

"There's a wild bull loose."

I was, like, what?

But I went to the garden, anyway, and laid down the cardboard, then moved over to the tomato rows just to see if my new flashlight would shed light on tomato worms.  It truly was too light to use the flashlight, but I spied one tomato worm and put the light directly on him; he looked sort of purple under the black light.

In a minute, Nanny came out to help me look for tomato worms.  We were moving up the rows when we heard something thump in the woods.  We both raised up to listen.  Did you hear that?  It sounded more like a black walnut falling from a free than a bull crashing through the woods.  

We went back to our worm-hunting.

The Nephew got in his truck and drove away, but was back in a few minutes.  He'd apparently been scouting for wild bull.  He said that the owner and some other guys were on horseback looking for the bull, and had some dogs on its trail.

I can hear the dogs baying.  

I'd hate to have to catch a wild bull.



No comments:

Post a Comment