Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Tomato Picking - July 13, 2021

 I'd been holding off on picking the tomatoes so that they could get ripe, ripe, RIPE for another batch of chili sauce.  Yesterday, I decided it was time to go get 'em.  

Once I got them home with them, I decided they weren't quite ripe enough, after all, so I laid them on the sill on the back porch to ripen for another day or two.  They'll get a little sun from mid-morning until early evening, and they'll be safe from the wildlife in the garden.


As I was approaching the garden, Nanny came out the back door in her hat and gloves, carrying a picking bag.  She was coming to look for tomato worms, she said.  She didn't find any.

Since her picking bag was empty, we filled it with peppers, zucchini, and enough green beans for supper.

I read that tomato worms will fluoresce at night if you shine a black-light flashlight on them.  I'm eager to try it!  


No comments:

Post a Comment