Sunday, July 11, 2021

First Green Bean Picking - July 11, 2021

 This whole tomato worm thing has got me a little on edge.  They're down there, chomping away on the tomato plants.  I should have sprayed bug spray yesterday, but rain was predicted, and I figured that it would be a waste of time to spray.  Today, I waded in mud and pulled off and stomped about 6 more worms.  

There were enough green beans for supper, with some left over.  I offered half of them to Nanny, but she wouldn't take them.  

The Nephew had mowed Nanny's yard yesterday, and there were a lot of damp grass clippings for the compost pile.  It needed some green material, so I was happy to rake it up.  Got a big wagon-load of it.

We didn't get any pictures of the raccoon trying to break into the compost tumbler last night.  Maybe he didn't want to get out in the rain.  But the camera is ready for him if he comes tonight.



No comments:

Post a Comment