Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Hot, hot, HOT - July 27, 2021

 We've been under a heat advisory for the past few days.  The temps have been around 93 degrees, but the weatherman says it "feels like" more than 100.  I know one thing: it's humid.  We've had pop-up rain showers every day - they don't last long or spread wide, but they sure load the air with moisture.

Until tonight, I hadn't been to the garden for two days, and when I was last there, I only picked the tomatoes.  After dinner, I tricked The Husband into going to the garden "just to look," and we ended up picking everything out there:  tomatoes (another 5-gallon bucket full), peppers, cucumbers, green beans, squash, and purple hull peas.  Probably should've checked the okra, but it was getting dark.  We gave it all to Nanny, except for the cucumbers and peppers, which we're giving to co-workers tomorrow.  

The Husband brought home another load of cardboard boxes, enough to carpet almost a whole row.  

There'll probably be another 5-gallon bucket full of tomatoes in a couple of days.  I've canned 10 quarts, so far.  This next load ought to be enough.



No comments:

Post a Comment