Saturday, June 18, 2022

...And Plowing - June 18, 2022

I worked in the office ALL DAY yesterday.  On a Friday.  I know!  Crazy!  But The Boss is leaving town this weekend and had some work that needed to get out before she leaves, so we hung in there until it was done.  Didn't even stop for lunch.

On the way home, I stopped to buy some insecticide for the garden.  As soon as I finished supper, I put on my gardening clothes and walked across the road to kill the Japanese beetles on Aunt B's rose bushes.  It wasn't an entirely unselfish gesture; they needed to be nixed before they polished off her rose bushes and moved to our vegetable garden.  

After that, I went straight to the garden to do some weeding.  

Weeding is the devil.  

Son #1 still has our big black tiller that would make quick work of the job.  I filled up the gas tank on the little red tiller and went to work.  There was still a lot of daylight left - and two or three more rows to weed - when the gas ran out, but I didn't even consider filling it up again.  Just rolled it back to the shed and shut the door.

When I poked my head in Nanny's back door to tell her I was leaving, she said she had some sprouted potatoes that she wanted to plant.  "As high as groceries are now, it's a shame to let them go to waste," she said.  I've never had any luck with potatoes, but I promised to dig up some rows for her this afternoon.  We'll see what happens.



No comments:

Post a Comment