Thursday, June 2, 2022

Thursday (I think) - June 2, 2002

Having Memorial Day off from work screwed up my internal calendar.  Monday seemed like Sunday.  Every day since then has seemed like Monday.

But, surprise: this week is more than half over.  I'm looking forward to the weekend.  My Mother's Day gift from The Husband was two tickets to see the Oak Ridge Boys.  The concert is this Saturday night.  I'm not much of a country music fan, but I do like the Oak Ridge Boys.  Love the harmony.  It must be a relic of my "old time religion" church music.

I had planned to work in the garden Saturday until time to dress for the concert, but Mother Nature intervened with a big storm last night.  The garden is a swamp again and probably won't be dry enough to work until the first of next week, if we don't get more rain.  I still need to plant the remaining purple hull pea rows and get more tomatoes in the ground.

Cucumbers and squash had sprouted last Saturday.  The first planting of purple hull peas had sprouted, except in the wet end of the garden.  I thinned them - pull up 4, leave 1 - in the areas where the ground was dry enough to walk on.  

Still haven't planted the okra.  Need to get that done ASAP.


No comments:

Post a Comment