Monday, June 27, 2022

Birthday Doings - June 27, 2022

We had a nice time with Nanny this evening.  The Sister-in-Law joined us for the movie.

The Elvis movie was good.  The guy that played Elvis NAILED IT.  I haven't seen enough "Colonel" Tom pictures to know what he looked like, but Tom Hanks was awesome.  

After the movie, we had dinner with The Sister-in-Law and her husband.

I got Nanny good as we were walking into the theatre.  Pop-Pop used to tell us that Nanny peed her pants at an Elvis concert in Memphis, and we have teased her about it every time Elvis' name has been mentioned.  As we were walking into the theatre, I said to our group, "Shoot!  I meant to bring Nanny a Depends."

Nanny said that the pee story is nothing but a malicious lie invented by Pop-Pop's brother (who was with them at the concert).  I told her it was okay; "I'd probably have peed mine, too!"

Heh.  :)

* * * * * * * * 

We walked down to check the garden today.  We did not get as much rain as I thought, but the plowed ground soaked up what we did get.  

Something is bugging the squash.  It looks like a bite has been taken out of the stems, near the root.




No comments:

Post a Comment