Saturday, June 25, 2022

House shoes - June 25, 2022

I have the worst time finding house shoes that I like.  It's the noise I can't stand.  Clippety-cloppity.  It drives me nuts.  Some years ago, a friend knitted me a pair of wool clogs.  I loved them.  They were completely silent.  I wore holes in the soles.  

Over the years, I've knitted myself a few pairs of wool house shoes, and even made a pair from felted wool sweaters.  Wore all those soles out, too, and resorted to store-bought shoes with vinyl/plastic bottoms.   Bought a new pair just this week.  Clippety-cloppity.  After two days, I'd had enough.  I dug around in the craft closet and found enough yarn for yet another pair of wool house shoes.  They are drying on the porch as we speak.  I can't wait to wear them.


* * * * * * * * 

After dinner last night, we went down to the garden to check for bugs and things.  All seems well.  One day ago, I doused the pitiful little Hossinator tomatoes with the microbial innoculent.  Surely it's too soon to have made a real difference, but the little plants look far healthier than they did two days ago.  


No comments:

Post a Comment