Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Quilting - June 29, 2022

Yesterday morning, as planned, I was at the quilt store right on time to start quilting.  Although they open at 9, they asked me not to come until 10 so that they could get organized for the day.  

It's been a while since I've used their long-arm machine.  It took nearly two hours to get the blasted thing loaded on the rollers.  When I finally started the actual quilting, the machine kept beeping, telling me I was out of bobbin thread when I wasn't out.  It would also beep if I did not start moving the machine quickly enough.  Some of my blocks are larger than the quilting field, so I'd have to quilt half a block, roll the quilt forward, do the rest of the block, then roll it backwards.  It was a pain in the butt.  By the time the store closed at 5 p.m., I'd done only half the quilt.  Hadn't even stopped for lunch or to pee.   

But I did a crappy quilting job.  It looks to have been done by an amateur.  Crooked lines.  

I don't care. 

I came home hungry, grouchy, and tired from having stood on my feet all day.  Thank goodness we had some left-overs in the refrigerator so I didn't have to cook supper.

I'm going back today to finish.  Hopefully, since I won't have to spend two hours loading the quilt in the frame, I'll have enough time to finish the quilt by the time the quilt store closes.



No comments:

Post a Comment