Wednesday, June 22, 2022

The Boss's Vacation - June 22, 2022

The Boss left town Sunday on a two-week vacation.  She'll come home for a day or two, then go out of town for another week.

"While the cat's away . . . ."

Monday was a federal holiday.  The Husband had the day off.  It was scorching hot, and the garden was in pretty good shape, so I spent most of the day reading, and he spent most of the day playing his ukulele.  

Yesterday was Granddaughter #1's birthday.  Granddaughter #3 had a birthday two weeks ago, but she and her family had covid and did not have a birthday party.  I'd promised her I'd take her shopping for her birthday when everyone was well, so yesterday I loaded up all the granddaughters (except for the Little Rotten Baby) and took them to town.  Granddaughter #2 won't have a birthday until next month, but I did not have the heart to leave her out of the fun.  We hit four stores and had lunch at the local IHOP (their choice).  Came home with shopping bags of toys and clothes for everybody, even the LRB.

Today I am at home, waiting on a refrigerator repairman.  He's supposed to be here in 10 minutes.  Our refrigerator has been doing a weird, sporadic leak.  

I'm not quite sure what I'll do the rest of the day.  There's a quilt top in my sewing room that needs to be quilted, and I've promised myself to get it done during these three weeks when The Boss will be gone.  A couple of years ago, after I sewed TOTALLY THROUGH my pinkie finger while attempting to quilt this thing on my own quilting machine, I dis-assembled my quilting machine frame and haven't quilted a stitch since then.  I'll have to rent a machine at the local quilt shop to finish this quilt.  I might just be too lazy to tackle it today.


No comments:

Post a Comment