Thursday, June 16, 2022

Planting and Plowing - June 16, 2022

It's 9 p.m., and still 87 degrees.  I just got out of the shower after working in the garden for about an hour.  I planted the 6 tomato plants that I bought yesterday, and watered them and the tiny Hossinators I planted a couple of days ago.  The Hossinators look about as pitiful as they did when I planted them.  Maybe they'll perk up.

Weeded the tomato rows with the little tiller.  

Tomorrow there'll be a run to the garden store for more seeds and some insecticide.  Aunt B's roses across the road are positively crawling with Japanese beetles.  I don't want them to come eat my stuff once they finish off her roses, so I intend to sneak over there and "off" them with the insecticide, then I'm going to give my squash plants a preventative dose.

There are still two unplanted rows in the garden, and several half rows.  If I can still find some butter pea seeds, I'm going to plant some this weekend.  They've done well in our garden in the past.  I'd also like to plant one or two hills of zucchini.  I wish we could grow corn, but . . . raccoons.  :(


No comments:

Post a Comment