Sunday, June 26, 2022

Pimpin' his ride - June 26, 2022

The Husband ordered new running boards for his truck.  Although yesterday was another blistering hot day, he decided that this would be the day he would install them.  When I asked if he would need my help, he said, "Maybe," so I went to the shop with him.  

It was stifling hot in the metal building.  He opened both doors, turned on the gigantic fan, and got to work.  As there was nothing much for me to do until he took off the old running boards, I got a hoe out of the garden shed and went to the garden to do some weeding.  I had not thought to take a hat or a sweat band.  Within about 30 seconds, sweat was pouring out of my hair.  The weeding lasted maybe 30 minutes. I put the hoe away and went back to the shop to sit in front of the fan.

The Husband was having problems removing the bolts from the old running boards.  He'd not yet finished the first one.  I stood by quietly, handing him tools as he asked for them.  We've been married long enough that I know better than to ask a bunch of questions or make many suggestions.  ;)  After another hour or so, the running boards finally came off, and we set the new running boards in place.  All that remained to be done was tightening the bolts.  

I asked, "Is my work here done?"  

The Husband said, "I think so."  

I said, "Good!  I'm going to the grocery store."

We've been on a low-carb diet for about a month.  We're sick of everything we can "legally" eat, and I was hoping to find us a treat at the store.  I have scoured the internet for recipes.  They're all basically the same: (1) cook meat, (2) put cheese on it, (3) eat it.  The other option is cauliflower: (1) cook cauliflower, (2) put cheese on it, (3) eat it.  I've made cauliflower rice, cauliflower "macaroni" & cheese (which wasn't too bad, btw), and last night I made cauliflower fritters.  

We've both lost weight on this diet and need to keep it up, but . . . .

My queendom for a bowl of white beans and some cornbread!








No comments:

Post a Comment