Sunday, June 12, 2022

Today was a real scorcher.  No clue what the high temperature was, but it was too hot to even sit on the back porch under a fan.  I stayed in the house most of the day, reading yet another Inspector Gamache novel.  (I have a secret crush on him.)

About 5:30, The Husband said he was going to finish mowing Nanny's yard.  Since I'd planned to tie the tomato plants to their stakes, I went with him.  After finishing that job, I remembered that I'd intended to plant the Hossinator tomato seedlings that have been sitting on our patio table for weeks.  Came back to the house to get them and a watering can and got them in the ground by the time the mowing was done.

Those tomato seedlings look pitiful.  They've been sitting on the patio table in a seedling tray for weeks.  For a little while, they looked really good.  Then a storm came while I was at work.  I'd forgotten to put the clear plastic lid on the tray, and the rain beat the tomatoes right out of the soil.  This happened more than once, and the tomatoes began to look not so healthy anymore.  I don't know if they will make it, now that they're in the garden.  Let's keep our fingers crossed.


No comments:

Post a Comment