Friday, May 5, 2023

Granddaughter Proud - May 5, 2023

Granddaughters 1 and 2 did us proud again this week.  #1 had her final high school band concert last night.  She was recognized for her good grades and for her band achievements.  #2 was inducted into the Junior National Honor Society this morning.  They are both beautiful.  And kind.  

* * * * * * * * * 

After the induction ceremony, I went to a greenhouse for peppers and found some that weren't outrageously hot - bell, cayenne, and jalapeno.  Normally, I don't put cayenne in my pepper jelly, but I might this year.

I also got a bag of high-nitrogen fertilizer and sprinkled a little bit of it - maybe a cup full, maybe two - over the compost pile.  My sister says nitrogen will heat the compost and speed decomposition.  I turned the pile a little bit to shake the fertilizer down through the leaves, and it's wet from last night's rain.  Maybe it'll get to cooking.

The rain we got was a gentle one, just the kind to plump up the seeds.  It's supposed to be warm this weekend.  I'm looking forward to a record-breaking seed-sprouting week.

That is, if my seeds weren't too old.


No comments:

Post a Comment