Thursday, May 25, 2023

What to do? - May 25, 2023

Mid-morning today, as I was walking home from Nanny's, I cut through a gap in the montage of foliage that lines one side of our driveway and noticed - really noticed - what our yard looks like from that angle.  I backed up and took a picture.  

Here it is:


I'm standing at the edge of the road, looking at the area where the tree almost fell on the shed.  We had 5 trees taken out where those stumps are.  Removing these trees created a whole new environment on that side of the yard.  This area used to be too shady to grow much grass.  I let the moss have it.  I like moss.  The treecutters' heavy equipment peeled the moss way.  I threw down some dollar store sun/shade grass seed mix that mostly washed into the pond (to the left, outside the picture - snaky, overgrown and creepy).  

I am pondering what to do with this area now.  There wasn't much I could do with it in the past, short of trying to keep the hill from washing away.  The ground is full of tree roots and nearly impossible to dig.  

What to do . . . ?




No comments:

Post a Comment