Thursday, May 11, 2023

Rain and Birds - May 11, 2023

This cold/sinus problem will not turn loose of me.  I am considering a trip to the liquor store, thinking if I get my blood alcohol level up enough, it might kill the virus.  ;)  

Just kidding.  Do not try this at home.

We got a bodacious rain with hail yesterday.  It probably beat the tomato plants over.  The weatherman says we'll get more this afternoon.  I should go tie the plants to their stakes, both to raise them up to wash them in the coming rain, and to keep them from being beaten plumb into the ground.  Might do that when I'm done here.

Yesterday I read that there is a bird migration in progress.  It's true!  Living on the porch as I do, I know the "usual" bird crowd.  For the past couple of days, I've heard new calls.  This morning, there are brown cowbirds (I think) in the back yard.  They are HUGE.  

I wonder where they're going.


No comments:

Post a Comment