Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Ugh. - May 9, 2029

Ugh.

I feel like sh*t.  Sinus pressure, sore throat, no fever.  Can't sleep for sneezing, coughing, snotting.  Did a covid test this morning; it was negative. I guess it's "just" a cold.  Ugh.

About lunchtime yesterday, I perked up a little and decided to have a walk around the yard to check on the things I planted this weekend.  The zinnia seeds are starting to sprout.  Hopefully, this year's zinnias will make a better showing than they have done in the past, since the tree removal has made the spot sunnier.

In the same bed with the zinnias, I had planted four snapdragon plants that I bought at Saturday's garden expo.  Two of the four plants had been dug up and were laying on the ground beside the hole.  My mind went back to a year or two ago, when something (probably the armadillo) kept digging up a newly-planted rose bush.  I finally stymied it by setting mouse traps around the bush, so I tried the trick again.  



The critter was in the flower bed last night, but not long enough to get to the snapdragons.  

Today, I am going to plant some african violet seeds from a plant on my windowsill.  I pollenated the parent plant with my finger earlier this year.  A pod formed and dried up on the stem.  I was afraid to leave the pod on the plant any longer for fear that it would pop open and scatter the seeds, so Sunday I cut the pod off and put it in a cup.  I have seed-starting soil and a grow light.  Let's do this and see what happens.









No comments:

Post a Comment