Saturday, June 24, 2023

Be Vewy, Vewy Kwyet - June 24, 2023

Elmer Fudd and I just set the critter trap, the one that the critter busted out of the last time we caught it.  

The trail cam filmed a set of whiskers last night.  There was fresh digging in the yard.  

It so happened that yesterday, as I was puttering around in the yard, I noticed the trap and picked it up and examined the damage.  The critter had evidently rammed the trap door until he bent the wires that hold it shut.  I set the trap on the patio table and straightened the wires as best I could, but I could not get the trap to latch.  I put it aside and resumed my puttering.  This morning The Husband decided to have a go at it and managed to get the trap to set.  Figuring that the critter can bend the wires even easier next time (since they've already been bent once), he decided to try to reinforce them.  We had these two bizarre strips of flat, hard metal (can't bend it with your hands) that were just the right length to use, but how to attach them to the trap wires?  We wound up zip-tying them.  

This afternoon I said, "Let's set the trap, and put it where the trail cam can see it."  

A few minutes ago, we set it.  I dug up some fresh dirt in sight of the camera and set the trap over it.  We then poured a little potting soil through the mesh.  

It's ready for him.


No comments:

Post a Comment