Friday, June 16, 2023

Touring - June 14, 2023

Two full days (plus some) of playing tour guide, and I am exhausted.  

This was a work-related duty.  We had two "advisors" come to see the town and evaluate it with a view toward community improvement.  A co-worker and I showed them around Monday and Tuesday.  This morning, I picked them up at their hotel (at 5:15!) and took them to the airport.

I despise driving on the interstate.  Because I do it so rarely these days, I am constantly anxious about being in the correct lane in time to make my exit.  The speed of the traffic makes me afraid.  This morning, it was raining cats and dogs, and my windshield kept fogging up, and I had two strangers in the car.  I was a nervous wreck by the time I dropped them off at the airport.  The drive home in the rain wasn't much less stressful.

On the way home, I remembered that I had the office credit card and two hotel invoices in my purse that needed to go to the office, so I passed right by my house and went on back to town.  

It was still raining when I made it back home.  I'd been up since 2:30 (worrying that I would over-sleep) and really wanted to go back to bed, but I also really wanted to practice painting with watercolors, something I've lately taken up.  Been watching tutorials, and occasionally get up the courage to pick up a brush and try to paint along.  



No comments:

Post a Comment