Friday, June 16, 2023

Grocery Shopping - June 16, 2023

I despise shopping of any sort, especially grocery shopping.  When Kroger and Walmart came out with their "click list" shopping options, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven.  Unfortunately, neither option is equipped to guard against user error, which is my main problem.

Yesterday, I sat down and placed an order to be picked up between 9 and 10 this morning.  As I was finishing up the order, one of those "Did you forget something?" windows popped up.  I had, in fact, forgotten something, so I went back and added to my order.

This morning, I went to pick up the order.  On the way, it occurred to me that I had not received a text confirming my order.  When I got to the store, I checked my cart and, sure enough, I had not completed the process.  My order wasn't ready.

Nasty words spewed forth.

I ended up going into the store to buy groceries, spending at least 50% more than the total of the online cart.

*sigh*

The problem with food shopping is that you have to handle the items so many times.  Put them in the cart, take them out of the cart, put them in a bag, put the bags in the cart, take the bags out of the cart and put them in the car, take them out of the car, put them in the cabinet.  THEN take them out to cook them.  Psssshhhht.  Bum deal.

I had just put away the last item when my telephone rang.  It was Son #2.  He and Granddaughter #1 are both having birthdays within the next few days, and there's a dual birthday party scheduled for tomorrow.  I had not volunteered to make a birthday cake and had not been asked to do so.  Since this year is a "big year" for both Son #2 and Granddaughter #1, I thought maybe they were getting a special, fancy store-bought cake.  But no, Son #2 was calling to let me know that Granddaughter #1 had requested an Orange Crush Cake, like I'd made for her and her sisters in years past.

So now I gotta go back to the grocery store.

After I find the recipe.


No comments:

Post a Comment