Friday, June 30, 2023

Watered the Garden - June 30, 2023

My sister called earlier in the week and said that she'd found hornworms on her tomato plants.  Later that evening, The Husband and I went to the garden to inspect our plants for worms and, sure enough, found several.  

The Great Northern Beans (2nd crop) that we planted last week had still not sprouted Wednesday evening, so Thursday evening, I set the sprinkler out and watered most of the garden.  About the time I was finishing, The Nephew said that it's supposed to rain this weekend.  It'll be ok if it does rain.  We need it.

My first day home alone with Axel was not so bad.  About mid-morning, I went down to Nanny's to mow her yard.  When I got home, there was an empty and torn hamburger bun sack in the entry hall.  The buns had been on top of our chest-type freezer, and he just helped himself while I was gone.  Probably didn't even have to tip-toe.  Other than that, he spent most of the time splayed out and snoozing on the cool floor.

Besides being a great hulking beast, Axel has two very bad traits: (1) He stares a hole in you while you try to eat.


He has a very sensitive stomach, and we have to limit both the quantity and type of food he eats.  Nothing but canned dog food and water, or else he pukes.  He was very interested in the slice of frozen pepperoni pizza I was eating for supper.  (2) is he likes to press his anus against your knee (or whatever he can reach.  When I refused him my pizza, he got all offended and tried to stick his butt against my foot.  This is most annoying.





No comments:

Post a Comment